Dear Imagine North Manatee Families,
You have all been in our thoughts and we miss seeing our scholars’ smiling faces each day. Throughout the course of a school year, classrooms operate like families, and bonds run deep. We are sad that what we thought was “goodbye for Spring Break” turned in to extended time away and we truly hope we will be able to reunite on April 15th. In the meantime, we hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy!
Thank you for your patience as our family of Imagine North Manatee educators returned from Spring Break and mobilized to plan for remote learning and the nuances COVID-19 has caused for our campus (disinfecting, technology, teacher training, etc.). Switching from our traditional instructional model to distance learning and equipping our ISNM stakeholders for this change has been a massive undertaking, and we appreciate your grace and understanding as we work out the kinks. We are all in this transition together!
On Monday, March 23, 2020, your child’s homeroom teacher reached out to you in order to survey for and priority distance learning needs. ISNM has a limited number of mobile learning devices, but your survey responses helped us prioritize technology to ensure every family who responded with a need will receive one Chromebook. The purpose of lending ISNM’s Chromebooks is to help our scholars who do not have a computer at home. Please note that we will be unable to loan out Chromebooks to families that owe more than $25 to aftercare. Please be prepared to pay your aftercare balance when picking up your child’s Chromebook. If you have a question or concern with this, please contact Office Manager Janet Russell at 941-981-5345 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She will forward your concerns to administrators, as needed.
Technology Pick-Up Schedule
Yesterday, we compiled technology survey information and sanitized/packaged Chromebooks to ensure we are lending them to you as germ-free as possible.
We are wrapping up this process now and will be ready to begin checking out Chromebooks as follows:
– Wednesday, March 25th: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
– Thursday, March 26th: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
– Friday, March 27th: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
We have staggered pick-up times to accommodate various work-schedules. Beginning next week, we will not have staff on site to issue technology, so please plan accordingly. School phones will be transferred to office and administrator cell phones, so we will still be available to respond to emergency calls, but working off site.
Technology Pick-Up Procedures
The safety of our ISNM stakeholders is our top priority. Please adhere to the procedures below to minimize the spread of germs. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated! The line may be long as we work to accommodate all families, so thank you in advance for your understanding!
– ISNM’s Technology Pick-Up line will run similar to the carline. Please enter the campus using the carline gate, drive behind the school, circle toward the front (into the bus/fire lane), and stop in front of the office.
– Please remain in your vehicle at all times. Do not park in the parking lot or join the line without proceeding through the carline area, behind the school, and into the bus/fire lane to stop in front of the main office.
– ISNM staff will approach your vehicle to initiate the checkout procedure.
– Please read, agree to, and sign the “ISNM Equipment and Property Receipt” contract.
– Please bring your own writing utensil.
Need Internet Access?
– Charter Communications will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
– Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across our footprint for public use
– Additional information can be found at https://www.spectrum.com/wifi-hotspots.html
Technology Issues? Please Contact
Hardware (Chromebook) Issues: Sam Geiger by text at 607-280-5099
Login Issues: Your child’s homeroom teacher, through Class Dojo (VPK-5) or Edmodo (6-8). Your child’s classroom teacher will forward login concerns they cannot resolve on their own to administrative staff, as needed.
What to Expect Next
– Educators and administrators have been busy engaging in professional development on distance learning platforms and resources. We are learning many new techniques and are excited to welcome your scholar to their virtual classroom!
– Educators will post general lessons on Friday, March 27, 2020, and all specifics will be posted by 8:00 am on Monday, March 30th. Plans will be updated daily, whenever possible, and will be customized based on individual student needs and progress.
– Office and administrative staff will remain available to respond to calls and messages from families and respond to other campus needs.
– Custodial staff are continuing to deep clean our campus, playgrounds, buses, etc.
– Beginning Friday, April 3rd, hard copies of materials will be left outside of the campus. Teachers will message you if there are items you need to pick up (books, math or science manipulatives, worksheets, etc.) for the follow week of distance learning.
Free Food for Students
Beginning on Monday, March 30th, students under the age of 18 can pick-up a free meal bag containing a hot lunch and a breakfast for the following morning. This service will be available Monday – Friday between the hours of 11:00 am and 1:00 pm, in the Buffalo Creek Middle School parking lot (7550 69th St. E, Palmetto, FL 34221)
Please Stay Connected
– Several virtual activities, such as Spirit Week and Show and Tell are underway. If you haven’t already, please like our Facebook page (Imagine School North Manatee) so that you and/or your child can post responses and/or pictures. We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
– The Imagine North Manatee Parade will be coming to your neighborhood during the week of April 3rd. Our buses and staff member caravans will be driving into family neighborhoods to wave hi. We hope to see you waving back. Stay tuned for more information.
– Virtual Show-and-Tell and Spirit Weeks will take place on our Facebook page.
Please continue to use your child’s homeroom teacher as your first and main point of contact. They are your child’s first advocate and will reach out to Dean Stevenson and me as needed. Also, please feel free to email me at email@example.com, send a message through Facebook, or contact me through Class Dojo, with questions and concerns. I am prioritizing campus needs but am working to respond to urgent parent requests as quickly as possible. As we receive additional guidance from the FLDOE, we will keep you updated.
Please stay healthy and safe, and tell your children that your teachers miss them greatly! We hope each Imagine North Manatee scholar has access to books so they can read for pleasure, 20 – 60 minutes per day!
Principal Erin Kelly