Imagine Schools North Manatee Campus
Phone: (941) 981-5345
Fax: (941) 981-5349
9275 49th Avenue East, Palmetto, FL 34221
(Off I-75 Exit # 229, then approximately 1/2 mile West on Moccasin Wallow Rd.)
Your child's attendance is imperative. We understand, however that circumstances will arise requiring your child to be absent. State law requires that schools report absences as either excused or unexcused. For more details about the differences in excused absences versus unexcused absences and the procedures which should be followed in order to have an absence reported to the school appropriately we suggest you review the Imagine School Parent Handbook. Although ISNM does not support absenteeism for vacations, school administration must be notified for such absences in writing at least two weeks in advance. This is to allow teachers adequate time to prepare assignments for students that will be absent. Absences due to vacation are not considered "excused".
Some examples of Excused Absences:
- Student illness (if documented by parent or medical doctor).
- Observance of a religious holiday or service that is recognized as such by members of the student's faith.
- Medical appointment with documentation.
- Subpoena by law enforcement agency or mandatory court appearance.
Reporting an absence does not guarantee the absence is excused.
Only use this form DURING or AFTER an absence, not before.
First Day Back at School:
- 3 or more consecutive absences require a doctor's note to be turned into the school office.
- Absences not reported within 3 days of the student's return to class may not be excused.
- Multiple absences both excused AND unexcused may result in truancy procedures against the parent or legal guardian.
Please contact your child's teacher directly to make arrangements for make-up work.
Reason for Absence: (Check One)